Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Beginnings of a new plan

Today was the day. I woke up, had a cup of coffee and felt like I had to go for a run. First run since Boston. Nothing big but I went for 3 miles just to see if anything hurt. All good. I got back and pulled up the California International Marathon site. December 5. I pulled out the Lydiard Progression that I used for Portland and laid out a plan to go from 0-90 miles per week. It calls for 21 miles this week building to 45 miles in 3 weeks. Then adding 5 miles per week to 90. I have 3 goals at this point. First is to get consistency back by running 6-7 days per week. Second is to log 2,200+/- miles by CALI. Final goal is to make a serious attempt at breaking 3 hours at CALI.

Eileen has asked to be home schooled next year and we are excited at the possibilities that opens up for travel. We are looking at incorporating a visit to Ruth Anne's sister in Yuba City and a trip to Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks after the marathon.

For all of this to work, I am going to have to get the real estate business on a more stable consistent schedule. I am extremely proud of the business that I have built in such a short time with just about $1M closed and another $1M under contract BUT it was built at the expense of my running. To maintain a balance in life, I need to get the running back on track while building on the momentum I have in real estate. I don't know if I will be able to post daily or if a weekly update will have to do. BUT I do plan to keep this blog updated regularly throughout this training session.

I'm glad to be back!