Monday, January 19, 2009

A Week of Running

I waited until finishing my run today before posting my summary of the past week of running. Yesterday I wanted to run with Jeff from my group to hold him back a bit on his 24 mile run. I didn't know how far I would go and ended up cutting off less than a mile going 23.4 and finishing up the week with 78.8 miles. I was dead the rest of the day afterward and quite sore as I went to bed. This morning though, I woke up feeling pretty good and headed out on my "no more than 10" run to see how my legs would feel. After 2 miles I felt slow but otherwise fine so I completed my 10 miles. By the end I was back on my normal 7:30 pace and nothing hurting. So last week's log: Mon 6, Tues 10, Wed 13.2, Thurs 10, Fri 10, Sat 6.2, Sun 23.4. I've managed to run 13 of the past 14 days completing 129.6 miles. Still not running off a formal plan BUT seem to have settled in to running my 10 mile route every day plus a long run. That should keep me in the 80MPW range until I get back on a real training schedule. I have been thinking about how I could run Boston on a low budget. Since I know I won't be up for a 3 hour attempt, I may fly out Sunday and back on Monday after the race. There is a powerful pull to run Boston even with everything else going on.