Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quick update

Last week ended at 92 miles. I forgot to add the 3 x 1/2 mile warmup runs when I calculated the mileage needed on Sunday. I'm tired. The highest weekly mileage I've ever logged. Monday was spent in all day Certified Negotiator Training so I ran with the afternoon group. My legs cramped before we'd gone a mile and I cut the run to 9 miles. Tuesday was another full day of training and I just skipped running. Wednesday I wasn't very optimistic when we arrived for the afternoon group run BUT I was pleased to run 12.5 miles at a respectable 7:15 pace. Even better when you note that it was 100 degrees at the start. Thankfully Ruth had a GREAT shady and slightly hilly route planned for us. So tomorrow we leave for the Grand Canyon. Predicted highs are in the low 70s so I am actually planning to get a few runs in. I'm thinking 5-8 miles every other day.