Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The First Ten-A-Tive Steps to Boston

I really was excited to get the training started. So excited I woke up at 3:30am. I managed to lay in bed till 4 then got up. I have a training plan that has worked for me for a year now. I run 10 miles each day that I run on my own. Then I run whatever the longest route offered on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday workouts. That typically starts out getting me about 70 miles per week and builds to 85 or 90 by the peak of training. I also will skip any day that I am hurt or sick (not many lately) and don't feel the need to make them up. Anyway, the longest anyone seemed to be interested in going this morning was 10 miles. Mus, Chris and I were the longfellows this morning. So I have now logged 10 miles toward sub 3 hours at Boston!

Of note this morning: Chris E is back with our group. He is training for an Ironman and Rogue will be his running training. Glad to have him back as we ran many miles together last Boston season. Jim F is back and leaning toward an assault on 3 hours. He will be hard to keep up with on days he feels good so I'm looking forward to the challenge. Tausha is back!!!!! Julie is back in black!!! A couple of new faces that Steve didn't introduce yet. Missing some of the core people still, Ken, Mike, Bruce, Jason. I think Mike and Bruce will be joining up later. Larry is still too damned fast for me to chase and Kamran will likely go for sub 2:50. Mus and Damon are chasing 2:55. So I will have some bodies to try to keep in sight on tempo runs and some to run with. Its gonna be epic!