Thursday, November 19, 2009

Groovin'

I am back in the groove! I took the entire week off (except for the Hokahey 5K) as planned. Tuesday was test the hip day so I headed down to Rogue for the 5:30am run. The weather was cool and the youngsters where feeling friskie so we cranked out 12 miles at a ridulous pace in the low 7s. The hip was fine but my legs were shot! Wednesday morning was even colder but I didn't get started until 7:30 and got hot in the beautiful sunshine. I ran 9.2 at an easy recovery pace and felt pretty loose by the end. This morning, the alarm woke me up for the first time in weeks. I had trouble getting out the door but finally got out the door and headed to Barton Springs. 14 miles was the longest option and several runners indicated they were going 14. I ended up with a side stitch in the first 2 miles and had trouble holding the pace. By mile 5 I had caught up to the group just as those running shorter were turning around. By mile 8 Mike and I were running alone and at a comfortable pace. We ended up just short of 14 miles so I am sitting at 34.4 miles after 3 days. This mileage feels GREAT! I will try to get 8-10 tomorrow, 20 on Saturday then 5-8 barefoot miles on Sunday. That will net 68-72 miles for the week in 6 days. I will be getting 70-76 miles per week in until Boston in April. Feels so good, feeling good again!