Sunday, November 22, 2009

Geezer's Nekkid Run Part 1

Debra and Pragati from my Austin Marathon group joined by Mark from Team Rogue accompanied me on a barefoot run at Zilker Park this morning. It felt GREAT to once again feel the earth beneath my feet and the mud between my toes. I ran 8 miles, the last one with Bruno who has never run with me before. I was surprised that he kept up for the entire mile at my normal easy pace. I've been home for about 1 1/2 hours and he has been sacked out the whole time! I made a short little video of the group below. Mark was finishing up a 8 mile run and wanted to sample the barefoot running deal. Debra and Pragati have both tried it before in dealing with Plantar Faciitis. We talked a grat deal about barefoot running and minimalist shoes. All in all a great day in the park! Whoo Hooo.

I finished up the week at 72 miles. With the exception of Tuesday's fast pace I felt great all week. One small blister yesterday is the only ill effect.