Sunday, November 29, 2009

Running and Running

It was warmer and humidier (I made that up) than expected this morning. I slept a little late then headed out for 8-10 miles. The course I ran ended up being 9.1 miles and for some unknown reason I started the watch as I headed out. That can be a dangerous thing for Geezer as I nearly always turn those runs into a progressive pace run. Sure enough, I was clicking along at a steady 7:30 for the first 4 miles then just let her fly. The final overall average ended up at 7:14 with the final mile in 6:30. It felt great to let it rip and close a run.

Then we headed out to meet up with our Broker. We had agreed to participate in HUD listings if he was approved. Sure enough, we are now one of only 2 brokerages in Central Texas able to list HUD homes. It is a lot of work but we anticipate having 40-50 listings within a couple of weeks. Lots and lots of new rules and special protocol involved with HUD properties but once we get going, we will be closing 2-3 transactions per week. I can't wait to get our investor network built up to take advantage of this opportunity for great deals.