Sunday, September 20, 2009

P-14

The final countdown to Portland has begun. I am growing more and more confident that my 3:10 goal is reasonable and obtainable. I have some concerns about the course that I will not be able to put to rest until I see them in person on Friday before the race. Before heading out on my run today, I read some Portland race reports other runners have posted online. The concensus of the ones I read is: run conservatively until AFTER the tall bridge at mile 18 try to close in the final 4 miles. Today's 5 miler was a breeze. I waited a little too long to head out and it was hot and humid but I knew it was just 5 miles and paid no attention really. I was ever so slightly stiff for about 1 mile but was running smooth and fast by mile 2. I'm looking forward to the final 2 weeks of workouts.