Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lost Episode #1

Eileen was up for tempting the rain gods this morning so she I walked to school. It was lightly raining when I left the school and not too hot so I just decided to run my standard out and back for 5 or 6 miles. A couple of miles in and it started raining steady and really felt cool. As I got to my turn around point, I realized that I had not ever run through the little pocket of houses in that area so I took a left intending to do a 2 block square and head home. Instead of coming out on Oak Knoll I ended up on Spicewood Springs nearly 1 mile away from where I intended to be. I was so turned around I had to ask another runner how to get back to a known spot. Really embarrassing considering I have run the same route 3 days a week for 2 years. So I had a nice 8 mile run in the rain this morning.