Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Puttin the Hurt On

I broke one of my own cardinal rules and did NOT run yesterday, the day after racing the IBM 10K. I paid for that dearly today with calf/hip/quad stiffness and almost pain. I kept the run short (3.5 miles) so as not to cause compensation injury.

Got home and checked email and found "Dear Charles Collins,This is to notify you that your entry into the 114th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 19, 2010 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate." Well Boston Athletic Association, that entry is NOT correct. I will not be using my qualifying time of 3:18:31 but rather my brand spanking new PR of 3:06:05 thank you very much. I'm excited to see how close to the front this will get me. I've never seen the elites before the race and hope that I will be close enough to see these guys this year.