Thursday, April 23, 2009

Boston Story #2

5 mile easy run this morning. Most of the time thinking about the folks going to Nashville this week. I wish there was a better forecast for them but it is what it is. I know that some of these folks will still knock it out of the park.

Back to Boston. Another running I met at the starting line asked my advice on how long to keep his second shirt on. I told him that I planned to ditch my shirt only after crossing the causeway at mile 7 (It turned out to be mile 10) unless it really heated up first. He looked at my shirt and said if I was planning to ditch it, he wanted it. I was wearing an Ironman 70.3 that I got for delivering snow to the Longhorn tri last fall. He even offered to trade me right then for some goodwill cotton thing with a zipper. I said no thanks. I can't remember exactly when I ditched the shirt, but I looked around first to see if he was anywhere around. Once I was sure he was nowhere close, I tossed the shirt. It wasn't even 2 minutes later he runs up beside me and wants to know where my shirt was. What a goof. Trying to catch me to get a shirt for a race he didn't even run. I'm going to see if he shows up in any pictures and get his name.