Thursday, April 23, 2009

Carbo-Pro

I have mixed a flask of Carbo-Pro and water to try out tomorrow. Since I won't be running hard or long, it will not be a real test. If I do OK tomorrow, then I will try the same mixture on a slightly longer run on Saturday. If things are good on Saturday, I will try adding some thermolyte to the mixture for electrolyte intake. I am prepared to sacrifice a few runs to find a means of hydrating and fueling. Just some of the symptoms I've endured that I attribute to hydrating and fueling during runs: tingling in my right hand moving up to my shoulder, dizziness, side stitches, nausea and tunnel vision. I have a 100% symptom free record when I run without eating or drinking anything. Of course I have run out of gas and gone into hypothermia likely due to my reluctance to eat or drink.