Saturday, April 25, 2009

Boston Story #4

Another stomach training run. 6oz of Carbo-Pro 10 minutes before my 10 mile run. I didn't wear a watch but looking at the kitchen clock when I left and returned I averaged 7:15-7:20 miles. I am feeling the fluid in my stomach but it is not sloshing and I haven't yet triggered a side stitch. Another week and I will up the intake to 6oz prior to the run and 6oz during the run.

Boston Story #4: On the first climb of the Newton Hills, I was still maintaining a relatively solid pace but was working pretty hard. I was passing a lot of runners at this point. I noticed one in particular way over on the side of the road. His head was shaved and he was wearing a necklace of bright beads. I glanced back at him a moment later and noticed he was wearing a ornately woven bright red loin cloth. AND RUNNING IN CROCKS! I desperately want to find a picture of this guy and find out his story. This was NOT a costume. I think he is a native central or south american used to running barefoot.