Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zooma

New experience for Geezer. After a 2 mile warmup I had 1 minute before race start and lined up at the front. After a 1/4 mile I asked the guy next to me what he planned to run. He said sub 1:18 so I wished him well and tried to find my rhythm. At each water stop a cheer would go
up for the leader, then me then the woman in 3rd. Each mile the lag after my cheer got shorter and shorter so I knew she was gaining. At the halfway turn around I saw her for the first time and gave her high five. My lead was 100 meters or so. By mile 9 I could hear her breathing and decided I would surge on the next up section. At 11 she was nowhere in sight. I kept pushing hoping for a PR. Final result, 1:29:20 2nd place 16 seconds off a PR on a brutal brutal course. Whoo Hooo!

Sent from my iPhone