Tuesday, April 7, 2009

CV Workout - 13 to Boston

Today was 1 mile repeats at CV pace (6:20) x 5. I had anticipated doing this on the track and had 1/4 mile splits in mind. I had some doubts after racing the 1/2 this weekend but planned to hold the pace if possible. Steve changed it to a road workout due to recent injuries attributed to running on the track. The entire 3 hour train was present so all I had to do was keep up. On the warm up my legs felt heavy but nothing hurt. The markers were off on the first mile and we ran too fast. 90 second recovery and we nailed the second mile. In fact, we nailed the whole workout. I was a few seconds slow on the last mile but happy that I completed the workout and had no pain or stiffness left from the race. I am feeling confident and relaxed about Boston. The last time I felt this relaxed was before the '06 Freescale and that was a good race for me. I think it's a good sign.