Friday, April 24, 2009

Boston Story #3

This morning I drank 3oz of Carbo-Pro and water about 30 minutes before running and another 3oz right before leaving the house. I attempted to run a 7 minute pace but without the watch I could have been anywhere from 6:40-7:30. I'm happy to report that during the run I had no ill effects. I had a major stomach upset after lunch but that could be from the red onions in the salad I had at the volunteer appreciation lunch at Eileen's school.

Boston Story #3: After finishing the marathon, getting my medal, finding a space blanket, grabbing a food bag and locating my clothing drop bus (the very last bus on Boyelston St.), I headed over to the Jury's Hotel to get a drink and hopefully meet up with Ramon and Sandra. Sure enough, they were there and we headed into the lower level bar for something to drink and eat. We had a great visit, talked about the race and our upcoming plans. (Sandra took full credit for my PR since she suggested the fish instead of chicken for my Sunday dinner!) As we were finishing up, a finisher came in and sat on the fireplace hearth near our table. After a couple of minutes he leaned over and called me by name and asked where my daughter was. Turn out we had met in that very bar 2 years ago after my first Boston when we took Elizabeth with us. His name is Kevin and he says he will be back next year. I told him that I would also and that I would wait for him in the same place as I expect to finish under 3 hours next time! You gotta love Boston!