Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pawing my way back to you

Hmmm, that sounds kinda weird. Anyway, I've decided that the only way to gain the additional speed I need to run 3 hours is to concentrate more effort into the pawback part of my stride. I'm gradually improving the ease and comfort of it and the results are pretty amazing. Today I clocked my 10 mile run with 5 mile splits. Easy 2 mile warmup then I began to focus on the pawback motion. Out bound 5 miles in 36:20 = 7:16 pace, in bound 5 in 33:53 = 6:46 pace. Overall 10 mile run in 1:10:14 = 7:01 pace. In addition to the pawback effort, I am focusing on easy breathing, loose stride and light footfalls.

I had thought I might join up with the BSSW this morning, but decided that another 2 weeks of breakfast with Ruth Anne and Eileen were more important. Not to mention another hour of sleep!