Friday, February 13, 2009

How Was Your Day?

Maybe you noticed. Maybe you didn't. But, yesterday was a beautiful day! After my fun filled 10 mile run with Team Rogue, I decided it was too great a day to waste. So, I invited Ruth Anne to lunch. We went to Whole Foods downtown, ran into an old classmate of Ruth Anne and Todd from my Austin Marathon group then ate out on the patio. We had an hour or so to kill so I took her shopping for a couple of outfits at Anthropolgie. I got caught up on my emails while she tried on outfits and she finally emerged with a couple of items she liked. We had just enough time to get to Eileen's school for the 1st grade Valentine's Day party. The kids each decorated a heart cookie and traded valentines. It was all pretty relaxed until the sugar started to kick in then we witnessed 22 Tasmanian Devils trying to get leftover cookies and a bag of valentines into backpacks. Had just enough time at home to get Eileen changed for dance class then dropped her off. With an hour and a half to kill and still wanting to enjoy the day, Ruth Anne and I headed over to the Domain for a cocktail. North was offering Pomegranate Margaritas and we had shared a salad and an order of Zucca Chips. I can't remember the last time we just sat on a patio sharing a drink but we'll have to repeat on a regular basis. After picking Eileen up we stopped at the pet store for dog food and a new doggie bed for Ellie (NOT Eileen). At home, I made up a supper of a few leftovers and we watched a really stoopid movie called Burn After Reading. That was my day.

Today was easy 10 on my DKR route. Easy 7:48 pace. Started checking out the weather forecast for Sunday. It looks like mid 50s with NNW breezes. If that holds up it will be the best weather we've had for a couple of years. I've got my fingers crossed for the marathoners.