Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ooo Rah

Met up with Team Rogue at Steve and Ruth's place this morning for a 10 miler. I felt good and stayed with the lead pack. With about 2 miles to go, I felt Steve, Ken, Damon and Sean start to pick up the pace. I started to let them go but changed my mind and pushed on with them. Felt good to stretch things out a bit. While we were running, Ruth and a few volunteers (including Ruth Anne) made up a huge breakfast spread of tacos, waffles, fruit and yogurt. Coffee and Mimosas topped everything off. We ate then discussed our thoughts on a fall race. No "decision" was made but some strong indicators appeared to emerge. I have changed my mind about 20 times in the past 3 weeks over my Fall marathon plans. If things continue to play out as they are currently, Ruth Anne and I will be able to train with the team but run our race a week later. If things change toward the team doing CALI again, I will defintely run it. I would love to whipe up the mess I left on that course with a great run. Overall, I would have to say I am in a great place right now. I am running injury free, Ruth Anne is training for the Zooma Half with plans to run a fall marathon. With an afternoon offering, we might both be able to train with Team Rogue and run our first marathon together in nearly 3 years. So, it Ooo Rah to Steve and Ruth for a great run and breakfast off to bed and 10 tomorrow.