Thursday, February 12, 2009

Steady As She Goes

Today was 7 mile steady with 2 up and 1 down. Steve's instructions were to run comfortably hard rather than aiming for a specific pace. The route was the South Austin area of Bluebonnet and Rabb so it was rolling the whole distance. As the group headed out, I was unable to stick with the lead group but I stayed ahead of the 2nd group. Braymen was just ahead for most of the steady and Chris E. was on my tail the whole way. With about 1/2 mile left, we caught Sean and Chris and I finished together with a 6:48 average pace for the 7 miles steady. Overall, the 10 mile run was a 7:10 pace. I am about 10 seconds per mile off the desired paces BUT I am finally running consistently fast enough to feel that my 3 hour goal has not been lost for good. Shaping up to be a 90 mile week. According to the macro sent out this week, we will be cutting back our mileage by 15% starting next week so this may be my biggest week for awhile.

On a sad note, Kamran, formerly known as the human metronome, purchased a Garmin 405 yesterday. I am totally devastated by this news as his legendary ability to run the 26.2 miles with less than a 3 second variation per mile was truly inspirational. It just goes to show that you can never really know someone.