Thursday, February 26, 2009

Steady as she goes II

Felt pretty good this morning. Knowing the route ahead of time I felt more confident going out a little quicker than 2 weeks ago. I still managed to miss one turn and logged 6.82 instead of 7 for the steady portion. The benefit of missing that turn was suddenly finding myself 1/2 a block behind Steve and Ken. Mike was right behind me and together we tried to maintain or even close the gap on them. They were clearly not going full speed and I had trouble maintaining the pace on the climbs BUT we held the gap steady and I logged an overall pace of 6:37, 11 seconds per mile faster than 2 weeks ago for the same run.

After the run I met with Ruth to get my Coaching Evaluation for the 09 Austin Marathon coaching. The bribery scheme must have worked as I received good reviews from my participants. As a coach you have no control over who signs up and I had a great group of runners to work with this year. I'm looking forward to some of the additional coaching education that Rogue is planning for next season. As always, what I learn as a coach helps me as a runner, and I need all the help I can get!