Monday, February 2, 2009

The January Comeback

I started my current comeback on January 6 with a six mile run. I missed 4 days of running due to life getting in the way. Finished January with 236.9 miles in 22 days averaging 10.8 miles per day. I still have no goal for Boston other than finishing. My running plan consists of running 10 miles on my own 4 days per week and whatever mileage the team is running on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. From what I've seen of the schedule so far, that will put me at 90 MPW give or take.

Today, I ran my usual 10 mile run. I actually remembered to charge the Garmin yesterday and took it on its maiden voyage today. Finally figured out how to put average pace on the screen instead of instantaneous pace. The mileage didn't agree with my mapping so I don't really know my pace. I'll play around with it over the next couple of weeks and see if I want to re-incorporate Garmin into my training.