Saturday, February 21, 2009

Soul Busted and Heartbreak for Elizabeth

First the good news, Elizabeth and Keith are fine after getting rear ended south of San Antonio. We had the car towed back to S. Austin where we met up with them. After about 15 minutes, we had pulled all of the plastic and metal loose that had jammed up against the rear wheel. I test drove the car a bit and decided that it could be driven home. It had a few noises but made the drive home without incident. Now we just wait to see if the other driver's insurance covers the full cost of towing and repairs.

As for the run, IS THAT ALL YOU GOT? Austin has a few hills you might recognize: Mt. Bonnell, Mountain Villa, Mountainclimb, Cross Valley, Sumac and Knollwood. We ran them all today. 16 miles of non stop climbing or screaming descents. Then, on to the track at Murchison for 4 miles at MGP. As I mentioned, I am using the 2:59:00 marathon paces for training purposes. That works out to a 6:51 minute per mile pace. My 4 miles on the track were: 6:55, 6:51, 6:47 and 6:39! My legs were burning and I wanted to puke BUT I held it and cranked it up for the final mile. Whooo Hooo. Thanks Mike, on the money MY ASS.

Oh Yeah, Happy Birthday Julia. I loved you rockin' a soal buster to celebrate the big Hawaii 5-0.