Monday, February 9, 2009

Its Raining!

I'm preparing to go for my Monday 10. It's raining. The only change I will make is to wear my oldest pair of active shoes. And wear a hat. I'm hoping to have a good run like last Friday. I will update this post when I finish. Good run. Ran into a friend of Ruth Anne's who we've seen running in the hood. I slowed down to her pace to tell her I have noticed how much her running has improved since she started running. I think I made her day! I guess I ran 3/4 mile with her then picked up the pace to finish out my run. It took quite awhile to get into a comfort zone but once I did I was doing 7:15-7:20s. I loved the rain!

I attended the Rogue Pep Rally for the Austin Marathon last night. For me the best moment was when Steve asked to see the hands of first time marathoners. He also raised his hand. Like most of the old timers around Rogue, I have been pushing and pulling on him to run a marathon for some time. I don't know of a single person who has run the marathon that hasn't been changed in some profound ways. I very much look forward to seeing what changes are in store for Steve.

This week will mark the 5 year aniversary of Ruth Anne's first marathon and the day of my first run toward my first marathon. It marks the 4th year since my first marathon. Running my first easily rank among the 5 top Life Changing events of my life. Getting married, the birth of my kids and running a marathon. The top 5.