Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm Lovin It

This cool, breezy, sunny weather is GREAT! I am going to run a full schedule this week then take a recovery week next week if the heat comes back in full force. I started playing with the concentration of Carbo-Pro this morning mixing 2 scoops with 1oz of water. Since I can get water on any course, I want to carry the smallest possible quantity. Today's mixture had 224 calories in 2oz fluid volume. That means I should be able to carry a full marathon's needs in 4 fluid oz and supplement water from the course. I think I can manage that.

Oh yeah, today was the first payoff for learning names of the interesting folks on my running routes. 20 minutes into my run, it occured to me that the spreadsheet I had helped format for Ruth Anne to use in a listing presentation was missing an important label. I somehow needed to contact her to let her know but I couldn't possibly make it home before her appointment. I was a mile or so from Sadie and Chad's place but I don't know the house number. I was wondering if Sadie would notice me out in her street hollering for her when I noticed Skip's garage door up. I headed that way and saw him crossing the street back home. I asked to use his phone and he gladly let me in. He of course heard my side of the conversation and proceeded to ask me about what the market was doing and what he might get for his house. I've not yet received my license but I HAVE read about the penalty for acting like an agent without having a license so I promised him that I would have Ruth Anne do a market analysis and get back to him. So, I caught Ruth Anne before her meeting AND possibly got a client for her. Whooo Hoooo.