Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Ramon Sighting

Decided to take the extra sleep and run from home today. Elected to run my 12 mile Raincreek/Fireoak hill route. As I was cruising past the Great Hills Starbucks I saw Ramon Acosta and stopped to see how he was doing. He says he hasn't run since Boston and his achilles still hurts. I recommended that he treat it with Aleve or Advil for a week and see if that improved it. He is a typical runner who avoids the meds so I hope he will follow through. He asked me what my route was and he told me he lives off of Raincreek. His house is exactly at the 6 mile mark on my 12 mile loop so we might join up on some of our weekday runs. That would be fun to have a little company every now and then. I had my Carbo-Pro again this morning and had no problems. 12.2 miles in 1:29:42 = 7:20 overall pace.