Thursday, May 14, 2009

Running with the big boys

A handful of the former Black Short Shirtless Wonders have taken to referring to themselves as the Big Dogs. I really don't want to get caught up in that way of thinking and blow up halfway through the training but today I felt great from the get go and headed out with Ken Damon and Muss for whatever they had planned. When I'm feeling good it's kind of fun to start out a run not knowing how far or how fast we're going. Turns out we went 10 miles at a 6:54 pace. I was easily conversational until the final 2 mile push but even that felt good. I am enjoying the stretching routine and hope that it becomes part of my routine. The Carbo-Pro nutrition/hydration seems to be working well. The only problem is carrying a flask. I'm going to work on carrying dry powder and mixing on the road. Gotta go feed the horse and check on the chickens now.