Monday, March 2, 2009

Cold as a witch's ***

Eileen is still home from school and Ruth Anne has GRI training this week so I had to get my run in early. At 5:45 the temp was 34 and breezy. I selected a heavier long sleeve shirt and light jacket, socks, gloves and hat and started out. I didn't start the watch today and planned to run as slow as I could comfortably run. Well, I never warmed up. My feet were cold, my hands were numb and my nose ran like a faucet the whole time. The sunrise was spectacular but I was so cold I was only able to acknowledge it not revel in it. Anyway, 10 miles for the week. Tomorrow is the Warhurst workout. I HATE this workout. I have never been able to put together a complete Warhurst. We will be doing 5 repeats of: 1 mile loop at tempo pace (6:29), a short recovery jog to the track then 1200m (3 laps) at 10K pace (6:09), a short recovery jog to the start of the loop. Maybe I can nail this workout tomorrow and remove the Warhurst from my most hated list. The only question now is who to pace off of, Mike or Bruce.