Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Great Start

The time change has messed with my sleeping. I looked up at one point last night and it was after 10:30 and I wasn't in bed. I decided that I could skip the easy run with the team, sleep in a bit then run on my own. Finally got in bed but was waked up a couple of hours later with my wrist throbbing. I don't know what I did to it yesterday but it was really hurting. Finally got up and took some Advil and that kind of dulled it enough to sleep. When Ruth Anne got up and found me still at home, she took the opportunity to get her run in while I slept a while longer. She was happy and I was happy! Eileen was a bit grumpy getting up this morning so I offered to walk her to school if she wanted. That got her excited so I got dressed for running and walked her to school. What a great way to start the day! I mentally changed up my route in order to get my full 10 miles in and when I mapped it later it was 10.01. Not bad for guessing! I haven't seen Kitchen Timer Man yet this week but I did stop and introduce myself to another of the regulars. Sometimes I would see him walking his Dalmatian and sometimes I'd see him doing intervals or other workouts along my route. His name is Skip and his dog is Domino. We talked for quite awhile and I had a bit of a struggle to get back running again. He was asking me about a nutritionist so I gave him my email address and I will put him in touch with Meredith if he contacts me. I had my watch on today and ended up running 7:45 average pace. Nice and easy going into SB II.