Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Warhurst II and SB II

Today was the Warhurst again. After logging only 8 miles last week I had no idea what to expect. Would I feel recovered and fly or would I feel fat and out of shape? The answer turned out to be a little of both. The target paces were 6:30 and 6:10 and I managed 6:29 and 6:12 overall. The last mile repeat was quite slow but the final 1200 was on pace so I didn't completely die. This morning I finally recorded my SB II numbers. the 20 mile warmup came out to an 8:00 pace. My 5 miles on the track were 6:53 6:53 7:04 6:56 6:43.

Had the chance to discuss my Boston plan with Steve after workout today. His suggestion: 3:10 pace for 20 miles then see what I've got. He thinks that gets me a 3:07 marathon at Boston. If I can commit my HEART to that I believe that is totally doable. It is time to make a plan, commit to a plan then execute that plan at Boston. I will play with those numbers today and see how I feel about it. I felt out Bruce today to see if he might drop back and run with me at Boston. If he likes the sound of a 3:07 and would run with me that would be great. If not, I need to take responsibility for my own success and execute the plan. I'll get back to you on that...