Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Services

Today was a beautiful service on the roads. I waited a bit for the sun to come up full to cut the chill a bit. Decided to wear tights and no watch. I think I saw a temp of 36 with 20 mph winds out of the north shortly before heading out. On the final 2 miles of yesterday's run we ran on the Lady Bird Lake Trail and my feet have some bruises from rocks that in trainers I would never have noticed. So I wore my Hyper Speeds today. Normally Sunday is a slow run after a long Saturday run but today I felt GREAT. I saw my neighbor walking his little dog that barks at me, he said Hi for the first time in 2 years! I saw a new jogger in the neighborhood and commented on how beautiful a day it was. She agreed! I saw the new distance runner in our area but we were both pushing the pace and went past each other so fast we only had time for a nod. I need to find out who he is. All of the area churches must have canceled services today because there was NO traffic. Everyone I saw had a smile and a wave for me. The air was clear, the sun was bright and I felt like a million bucks. After my turn around, I began thinking again about my race at Boston. How do I want to run it? Bank some time on the first 15 miles? Go for even splits? Can I manage a negative split at Boston? When I came back to the present I realized I was really trucking. No watch so no known pace but I felt fast.